Info for parents going on school trips
Thank you for coming along to help out on a school trip!
Here are some things you need to know...
- The number of parents who can come on a trip may vary depending on the type of trip
- When you help out on a trip, the school will pay for your transport and entrance to the venue
- You will need to provide your own lunch and refreshments
- The teacher will tell you about the trip beforehand, so that you know everything you need to know to keep children safe on the trip.
- You may have a group of children to look after, but you will always be under the supervision of a member of staff who will be responsible for the children (including those in your group).
- For this reason parents may not take children to the toilet, or anywhere else, without a member of staff. (This is to meet legal requirements for safeguarding all children)
- Every trip has a named leader (one of the teachers) who is overall in charge of everyone on the trip, to ensure their safety
- If you have any questions, ask the classteacher for advice.
- We hope you enjoy coming on a school trip!
(Classteachers will share this with parents going on trips, asking a Bengali speaker to translate when necessary)