Why school meals are so important!
There are many reasons why children benefit from staying for a school lunch. Our meals are great value for money and a hot, healthy dinner is great is for energy because your child will use up a great deal of energy during a full school day. Children need to concetrate during lessons, let off steam at play times and recharge their batteries for the afternoon.
Eating a school meal helps to achieve this and provides the following:
- Hot, healthy and nutritionally balanced menus.
- A selection of homemade products and recognised meals that provide choice and variety to suit all tastes.
- Value for money, two course meals.
- Convenience-saving you time preparing packed lunches.
- Enhanced learning abilities-studies have shown that children concentrate better in lessons if they have had a fulfilling lunchtime meal.
- Teachers children the social skills involved with eating with others and how to make choices-learning need not stop when the lunch bell goes.
- Allow a child to relax in a safe, supervised environment with friends.