At Harry Gosling Primary school we cultivate a real enjoyment of music and aim to deliver high quality music teaching. Throughout their time at school, children develop skills in performing, composing, reading musical notation, and listen to and appreciate a range of music. Within both lessons and extra-curricular activities, we encourage all children to achieve their full potential.
We currently offer the following extra-curricular music activities:
- Choir (years 4, 5 and 6)
- Ukulele club (years 3 and 4)
- Small group instrumental lessons (years 4, 5 and 6)
Our music ensembles perform regularly in school and we have also taken part in the following projects this year:
- A Year 3 singing project with the group ‘Apollo5’, performing at York Hall in Bethnal Green
- Termly choir performances at Sonali Gardens Day Centre
- ‘Tower Voices’ – a Year 5 singing project with other local schools
- A family music project with musician Paul Rubinstein and Wilton’s Music Hall
We are committed to providing a musical education for all of our pupils, which within the context of the National Curriculum, encompasses breadth of experience, depth of knowledge and quality of understanding.
Please see below for an outline of our music curriculum.